Genialis, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.genialis.com, app.genialis.com, or other genialis.com domains, or use the services and tools made available therein (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, work address, e-mail address, or telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as employer and job description; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by using our Website, including but not limited to genetic sequencing data from human or other organisms and metadata accompanying such data.
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services.
- Information provided when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our user base and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section below entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to collect data on individual and average user behavior within the Website. This consists of actions that trigger changes in the URL or state of the app. Data collection may include the Google Analytics User-ID function. For this feature, users are identified based on anonymous IDs generated on our backend, such that personal information is never uploaded to Google. For full details, please review the Google Analytics website (https://www.google.com/analytics/).
What information does the site contain?
These cookies are required to provide you with services available through this Website. They include cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, select language, etc.
- Who serves them: Genialis
- Name and expiration:
language – 1 month
currency – 14 days
CL_MM_DPO – 1 month
PHPSESSID – till end of session
csrftoken – till end of session / 1 year
sessionid – till end of session / 1 day
Functionality Cookies and Web Storage
These allow us to deliver content, offer social media features, and remember choices you have made, to provide more personalized and enhanced user experience.
- Who serves them: Genialis, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Chatlio
- Name and expiration:
_atuv* – up to 2 years
reg_fb_* – does not expire
NID – 6 months
cookie_informed_status – 6 months
en-base-* – does not expire
gen-browser* – does not expire
randid – does not expire
chatlio* – does not expire
These cookies help us understand how our visitors use our Website. We may receive reports based on the use of technologies.
- Who serves them: Google Analytics
- Name and expiration:
_ga – 6 months
_gat – 1 day
_gid – 1 day
utm* – up to 2 years
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the section below entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you, including providing data analytics, trouble shooting and tutorials tools to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To detect errors and send error notifications, and to monitor the system status to mitigate system failures and optimize performance.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email email@example.com to unsubscribe from these communications. For more information, see the section below entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How we share and disclose Your Information
- To other users with your permission.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates (e.g. Genialis d.o.o.) for enabling the performance of contracts, customer support, technical procedures and operation activities.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see the section below entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
For the following categories, you may opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or if available, changing the preferences in your account settings.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you may deny such consent or opt out in accordance with the applicable law.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you may opt out. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you may opt out.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us for additional access and assistance.
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Genialis’s use of your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (Data Protection Commissioner) in the European Union.
Individual located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area may at any time request the Genialis to:
- provide you access to the catalogue of the personal data collection;
- confirm whether or not data in relation to you are processed, and enable you to inspect and process personal data
- contained in the personal data collection and to copy them;
- forward the personal data that are contained in the personal data collection and refer to you;
- provide a list of users to whom personal data have been transmitted, when, on what basis and for what purpose;
- provide information on the sources on which the records are based that the personal data collection contains about the individual, and the method of processing;
- provide information on the purpose of the processing and the type of personal data being processed, as well as any necessary explanations in this regard;
- explain technical or logical-technical decision-making procedures if it carries out automated decision-making by processing personal data of an individual.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct any questions or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org or at our mailing address:
2726 Bissonnet Street,
Suite 240-374, Houston,
We will work with you to resolve your issue.
Data Protection Officer
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the right to communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
A data protection officer (DPO) is an enterprise security leadership role required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Data protection officers are responsible for overseeing data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored and processed on third party servers. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.